At the centre of Windhorse is the Culture --- "how it feels"
At the root of the culture is our Worldview as articulated in our values, purpose, and principles
• Everyone is intrinsically healthy and worthy.
• There is no fundamental problem with anyone.
• This is equally true for organizations and society.
• Gratitude for the people who have cared for
this place in the past.
• Appreciation for those who are caring for everything
• Consideration for all those who might benefit from
this place in the future.
• Protection of the fully-integrated natural landscape.
• Healing ourselves, and learning leadership, from natural systems and from non-human teachers.
• Relaxing into the quiet wakefulness of nature.
• Compassionate community is grounded in kindness
• Creative collaboration is more effective in changing the world than is skillful competition.
• Caring is a result of connection.
• A sustainable economic model is essential.
• Collaboration is necessary for economic health.
• Honesty, openness, transparency, and vulnerability
form the ground of trust.
• The simple magic of this place speaks for itself.
• There is no need for elaboration or explanation.
• Direct sensory experience is the most powerful teacher.
The Path is how we can personally experience the Windhorse culture, while building our own capacity to live a rich and meaningful life.
Caring is the natural result of Connecting
with each other, and
with our environment (air, water, soil, and all beings)
Principles: (how we choose to work together):
Listen with inquisitiveness and appreciation.
Hold an unwavering commitment to values and purpose.
Trust ourselves and each other.
Respect diversity of opinion.
Dare to make mistakes.
Be artful in arranging the pieces.
Caring for the land and all beings
Setting and protecting boundaries
Leadership and Mentoring
Team Building Retreats
Healing and Learning
Solitary and Couples Retreats
Food and Health
Hosting and Teaching
Sustainable and Ethical Business
Charitable Financial Support
The endless "Windhorse Way" includes listening, learning, practicing, hosting, teaching, mentoring and simply being. This path includes training in the four aspects of Windhorse outlined here. Although it could be expressed in a linear way, it is even beyond circular in that it is fully interdependent and intertwined like the forest itself. The path is dynamic, always surprising, and impossible to pin down.
learning and practicing >>> caring for yourself >>> allowing others to care for you >>> hosting and teaching >>> leading and mentoring >>> caring for others >>> connecting with the earth >>> simply being in a caring world >>> caring more deeply for yourself >>> and so on and on, spiraling deeper into connecting, caring and engaging in ways that yield benefit.
There are many opportunities to participate in the "Windhorse Way". Events, courses and retreats are listed here. You can contact the host/teachers to learn more about their offerings, both the content and the scheduled dates. If you have a course, program or retreat you would like to offer at Windhorse please talk to us about the possibilities (email@example.com).